This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into SXL's Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. SXL may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The Services provided by SXL may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. SXL reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that in our judgment violates this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice. Failure to respond to our email within the specified time period in our email to you may result in the suspension or termination of the Services.
Prohibited Content and Activities
- Customer may only use SXL's Server for lawful purpose. Transmission or storage of any material in violation of Hong Kong law and/or the law of the country where the server is located is strictly prohibited. To this effect, child pornography is strictly prohibited as well as housing any copyrighted information (to which the customer does not hold the copyright or an appropriate license) on SXL's Server. Also, using SXL's servers or network to conspire to commit or support the commission of illegal activities is forbidden as well.
- Websites dedicated to the discussion of hacking activities or the distribution of hacking tools are prohibited. Also, the usage of SXL’s computer systems or network to access any system, service, or network without the owner’s consent is expressly forbidden.
- Any activity which causes service interruptions to either SXL's network/servers or any outside network. This includes, but is not limited to, the execution of Denial of Service attacks or other maliciously configured software.
- Anonymous proxies are easily abused and often cause a negative impact on both the servers and the network they are connected to. As such, they’re prohibited on SXL’s network and servers.
- Customer agrees to not have any content on their site that advocates, sells or in any way makes available tools or methods to send unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings (spam), or to use SXL's Servers for relaying unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings, or to use unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings to advertise for their site hosted at SXL. Any complaint we receive about a violation of this or the preceding two points will be taken very seriously and will result in immediate account cancellation without a refund. More details about our anti-spam policy can be found at SXL's web site.
Personal Information Harvesting
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other personal identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting).
You agree that if the SXL IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database or blacklist like Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and SXL may take reasonable action to protect its IP numbers, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP numbers were listed as a result of your actions.
- Usage of the SXL network to impersonate another person or entity, be it through Email, Internet Forums, or any other means, is strictly prohibited. This includes spoofing email or network packet headers whether or not it is done for malicious purposes.
- Customer agrees to not engage in activities pertaining to Black Hat SEO, Spamdexing, and so-called “Scraper sites.” These can all have a severely detrimental effect on server performance and are not permitted.
Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against SXL’s network or website, or SXL’s employees, or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
Adult Thumbnail Galleries/Banner Exchanges
- You agree not to run a banner exchange, free adult tgp (thumbnail gallery post), or free adult image galleries on your website.
- Any script/process/etc that adversely affects the ability of any other customer to satisfactorily use their provided services is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, CPU-intensive CGI/PHP scripts and websites for which the scale of traffic has exceeded the acceptable limits of a shared hosting environment.
- All IRC bots and “bouncers” (bnc, etc) are forbidden.
- While we recognize the value in the BitTorrent protocol as a distribution method, it is far too easily (and often accidentally) abused/misused and therefore not allowed on SXL's servers.
- All proxy software, anonymous or otherwise, is forbidden on SXL's servers.
- Any process that opens a network socket to accept connections from external networks is forbidden. Processes are allowed to bind to the local host only, but are held to the limitations placed on all other processes. They must not use up more than their fair share of resources and they must not interfere with any other customers’ activities.
- With the exception of SXL Dedicated Server products, the customer agrees to make use of SXL Web Hosting servers primarily for the purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. Data uploaded must be primarily for this purpose. SXL Web Hosting servers are not intended as a data backup or archiving service. SXL Web Hosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges with the Customer and/or the discontinuation of the backups/archives at their discretion.