SXL 託管伺服器及雲端伺服器的維護安排 ∞
Every server needs regular maintenance, our servers are no exception. Here we list what we will do and how our customers are affected during the maintenance.
Daily Backup ∞
- Daily backups of all our servers are performed during 2am – 7am Hong Kong time.
- The servers are fully functional during the backup, but users may found their server is less responsive.
This is a routine maintenance, we will not publish the case on our web site.
Server Update ∞
- All internet servers need regular updates to improve security, performance and reliability. Our servers are scheduled to carry out these updates during 12am – 2am daily.
- The server may needs to re-start itself after the updates. Users may found their server is out-of-service during the restart but it usually only takes a few seconds to a few minutes.
This is a routine maintenance, we will not publish the downtime on our web site.
Scheduled Maintenance ∞
- From time to time, we will need to upgrade our hardware or operating system. In these cases, the expected down time will be around 5 – 30 minutes. In order to minimize the down time, we will only do these works after 11pm (HK time). These upgrade are usually performed every 6 months.
In these cases, we will publish a Server Maintenance notice on our web site. Users may subscribe to our site feed by a RSS/Atom reader or by email to get prior notifications.
Unexpected Downtime ∞
- Internet servers are very complicated systems, while we met the “enterprise standard” of 99.9% uptime guarantee (~8.76 hours down time per year), it is unavoidable to have some unexpected downtime.
When it happens, we will publish a Server Maintenance notice on our web site to let our customers know about the situation and the expected time to solve the problem. Users may subscribe to our site feed by a RSS/Atom reader or by email to get prior notifications.